The Green Energy Centre showroom has on display a wide range of the latest energy efficient building products and solutions.
Collectively, with over 60 years experience in the building industry, our friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you to become more energy efficient in your home or business and how to save money and reduce your carbon emissions.
TEN NO COST easy-to-do, easy-to-understand tips to set you on your way:
- Don’t leave a tap running when you brush your teeth. This could waste up to six litres of water per minute, fill a tumbler instead.
- Choose lighter colours to paint walls or woodwork in your home...dark colours absorb light and need brighter lighting using more energy.
- Don’t leave mobile phone chargers plugged in when not in use, they continue to use 75% of the energy they were when charging.
- Take a shower for 4 minutes. Showers use up to 50% less water than a bath, remember taking a power shower for 10 minutes uses the same amount of water as a bath.
- Only boil as much water as you need in the kettle, remember to cover the element. This saves energy and of course money.
- Use the microwave when possible, it is more efficient than the conventional oven.
- Make sure you fill the dishwasher. A half load uses 75% of the energy needed for a full load. Similarly utilise the half load or economy setting on washers and tumble driers.
- Store drinking water in the fridge, it stops excess running of taps to get cold water.
- Use a mechanical lawnmower, they save on electricity or petrol. You will also benefit from the exercise.
- Setting the TV to a lower brightness and contrast, it is said can save up to 15% energy.