What is Stormdry?
Stormdry is a deeply penetrating water-repellent cream for the protection of masonry. It prevents rain penetration into masonry materials by lining their pores rather than blocking them – allowing the masonry to continue to breathe naturally. Unlike waterproof paints or waterproof coatings, Stormdry retains the natural finish of the masonry so is particularly suited for application to brickwork or stonework.
Typical applications for Stormdry water-repellent cream include:
- Treatment of penetrating damp.
- Improving the thermal resistance of masonry by keeping it dry (energy saving).
- Maintaining the thermal properties of cavity wall insulation by ensuring it remains dry.
- Improving the flood resistance of masonry.
Stormdry is applied to masonry in a single coat by means of brush, roller, or spray. Once applied, it penetrates deeply into the masonry before curing to form a colourless, breathable water repellent barrier.
Key benefits of Stormdry include:
- Easy to Apply.
- Provides water-repellency.
- Reduces heat loss.
- Single coat application (saves time).
- Tested to ISO 15148:2002 on brick, mortar, concrete and sandstone.
- UV Resistance.
- 20-30 year life expectancy.
- Allows masonry to breathe naturally.
- Deeply penetrating.
- Alkali resistant – can be used over freshly pointed walls.
For more information on Stormdry and their water repellent cream please click here.